Friday, January 7, 2011

What's Your Claim to Fame?




For those of you reading, this is my blog that is intended to focus on past, present and possibly even future celebrity culture. Although the creation of this blog is inspired by my class assignments for Communication Studies 2BB3: "Introduction to Culture and Communication", I have to admit that my interest in the topic of what constitutes celebrity culture and what are the social implications of the modern world's inherent obsession with fame goes beyond the classroom.

I confess, I am a complete celebrity gossip junkie (most notably as an avid follower of  perezhilton.com and TMZ). With this, I intend to not only update my blog for my class assignments, but also with photos, news, or anything else I may find exciting about the world of celebrities. Furthermore, I intend to blog about celebrities who I find particularly interesting (past or present) and the effect they have had on the world. I also will not limit myself to mere gossip, I too have an invested interest in the entertainment industry as a whole. This encompasses news, opinions, etc. about music, television and film.

Enjoy, and please comment 

"If I'm a Star...then the people made me a Star"
- Marilyn Monroe 

No comments:

Post a Comment